Workout Log #1 ♥

Hey lovelies! As promised, I will be posting my daily workouts starting today! To begin with this new section, I wanted to first of all express how excited I am to be sharing this with you all because I am very, very passionate about my health and fitness! I also wanted to share a bit of my background and where I stand right now fitness/diet wise. Let's get started!

For as long as I can remember, working out and staying active has been very important  for me. I spent long years practicing different sports (soccer, volleyball, running) but the one I was the most dedicated to was swimming! Sadly, I no longer swim but the athlete in me always urges me to get back to where I was fitness wise before I quit practicing sports. Due to my busy and unpredictable schedules, at home workouts have been best for me but I also try to go to the gym whenever I can. I always find that having a set up schedule and a workout buddy (even if its my dog) keeps me motivated.

I have never been completely out of shape and my weight has never been an issue, in fact I don't even own a scale (don't plant to either). I firmly believe, being strong is better than being thin. I don't strive to be thin, but I do want to be in my best body shape and strength as I possibly can.

My mom has to gastrointestinal conditions so she has to keep a very strict low fat, lactose/gluten free diet. Since we have to buy everything with this specificities in our household, I got used to eating this way as well and now whenever I eat regular dairy and just foods out of what I am used to, my body reacts very fast and well, it doesn't do me good! Most recently, I have been struggling with my blood glucose levels so I have had to cut down all of my sugary intakes! Thankfully, I have been responding very well and my levels are now under control. :)

Alright so now let's get to the good stuff! I am currently on my second week of Shaun T's Insanity Max 30 program and I am loving it! I also add a couple of things whenever I can but you will be able to see that within the next few days!

I just finished working out and this is what I did today:
  • Tabata Power (week 2) - 30 minutes (I cannot believe how much it all buuurnssss!)
  • Deep stretching- 10 minutes (focus on the areas of my body that feel the most tense but make sure I stretch from head to toes!) 
  • Walk with my dog- 10 minutes (my personal favorite!♥)
I would love it if we could all share out daily workouts on the comment section and keep each other motivated! How about if we all become workout buddies and create some sort of hashtag on social media to keep up? Let me know what you think and how you stayed active today! :)

With love,
Nikky

Nikole

♡ Be Happy Always ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment