A Bad Day!

Hey lovelies! I am a bit unsure if posting this is a good idea, but I felt a sudden urge to write and so here it goes... Basically, I have been having a bad start to my summer vacations! I thought I was going to have a week to be completely happy, careless and free to do whatever I wanted without any worries. Turns out, that's not what has been happening in these last few day. 

As I mentioned on my first post about my anxiety, I suffer from separation anxiety with my mom, and it's something I have been really trying to get rid of and what's about to happen in the next few days will be a complete-limit pushing challenge for me. My parents and little sister will go travel out of the country next weekend, and for a number of reasons, I am unable to go. Also, I can't stay at home by myself because I don't know how I'll react to that, and if I panic, I'll have no one to help me. Ugh! It's all such a mess. My mom is very close to not going, but I would feel really bad if she doesn't because of my stupid issues. I really want her to have fun as she has sacrificed so much for me, but at the same time I want them all to stay so bad. Am I being selfish? And if I stay, how do I cope with all of it? I think what makes it even worse is knowing that most people my age either live alone, or most certainly able to be without their parents! I am almost 22 and feel like a complete baby right now. But somehow, hopefully, I'll manage to be okay. I have to. 

You know what the good thing about all of this is? If I get through this, maybe I'll find the strength I need to finally get over all of this. I'll keep you guys posted. 

I'm sorry this is not a happy post, but I thought maybe I could feel better and stronger by writing this. Have any of you been through something like this? Have you ever felt like this? And if you have, what have you done? Any tips or words of reassurance will be oh so appreciated. :)



With love,


Nikole

Nikole

♡ Be Happy Always ♡

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're having a bad time. You should be proud of yourself for opening up and sharing your struggles. I know it's easier for me to say, but don't worry about other people the same age as you living their life differently. They'll have their own struggles in different areas. I know it's going to be extremely difficult for you but maybe you could use it as a way to challenge yourself and reward yourself for it. Maybe you could try and stay busy or doing tasks to take your mind off it. You could treat yourself for hitting little steps throughout the whole time they're away. I'm not too sure what else to say apart from, I believe that you can do it and that'll you'll be totally fine.
    Sending lots of positive vibes! x
    www.lucindafreya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lucinda! I was feeling completely down about all of it and reading comments in here made me feel much, much better! I told my mom to go. She's leaving tomorrow! So the challenge begins then and I'm planning so many things so that I don't even have a second to be thinking about it. I'm thinking about writing a post on the things I'll do & see if it has good results. Again thank you so much, it really has meant a lot to me! xx

      Delete
    2. Hey lovely! just seen your reply! How are you getting on? I hope everything's going well and you're keeping yourself busy. A post sounds a great idea, take lots of photos so you can make lots of happy memories :) Have a fab weekend! x

      Delete
    3. Hey Lucinda! I am doing surprisingly well! I haven't taken pictures, thank you for the idea! I might even share some in another post! Thank you for the support!! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Nikole! I think, it is helpful that you have experienced this upcoming separation with your mother and sister at your age. It would help you to be prepared to be an independent lady.Someday, we will be on our own. I admit that I experienced being away from my parents but there had been a very supportive relatives around.

    All I can advise is to trust yourself that you'll survive those days that you are alone. I'm sure you'll survive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jhecel! Indeed, I want more than anything to finally become an independent woman & even though it will be a very tough way to start challenging myself, I'll manage to be okay somehow. I don't have many supportive relatives, but I do have a wonderful boyfriend who will take care of me every step of the way. This comment has really meant a lot, it has reassured me that I'll be okay and that like you said, I'll survive. I cant thank you enough! xx

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you are having a bad day. It is great that you decided to share your feelings. I learned keeping myself busy and focused on other things helps. This experience will help you in the long run. You will be ok. :) Great blog, by the way!
    Keep those positive vibes going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you so much for all the support! I can't say opening myself up like that is easy but, I want to create a different type of blog that helps people overcome obstacles and be happy. Reading comments like this, makes me realize I have made the right decision in sharing all of this! xx

      Delete